IPC-6012B-Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid PCB
Do you konw what is the standard about IPC-6012 in PCB industry ?
It is the qualification and performance specification for rigid PCB.
SCOPE of IPC-6012:
This specification covers qualification and performance of rigid printed boards:
● The printed board may be single-sided, double-sided, with or without plated-through holes.
● The printed board may be multilayer with plated-through holes and with or withoutburied/blind vias.
● The printed board may be multilayer containing build up HDI layers conforming to IPC-6016.
● The printed board may contain active embedded passive circuitry with distributive capacitive planes, capacitive or resistive components.
● The printed board may contain a metal core or external metal heat frame, which may be active or nonactive.
The IPC-A-600 includes pictures, sketch map and photos to to help understand acceptable/non-compliant conditions observed from the outside and inside. It can be used in conjunction with IPC-6012 to more fully understand its recommendations and requirements.
Please refer to the following informations for more detail about the PCB qualification and performance specification from IPC 6010 series:
● IPC-6012 RIGID PCB
● IPC-6013 FLEX PCB
● IPC-6014 PCMCIA
● IPC-6015 MCM-L
● IPC-6016 HDI PCB
● IPC-6018 HIGH FREQUENCY PCB
Download or check the IPC-A-600G document please click here: Download
For more detail IPC standard please visit the wedsite: http://www.ipc.org/