How to cacluate the number of SMT welding points?
Many times our customers want to know about that how the processing cost of the SMT(Surface Mount Technology) is calculated. In fact, the SMT factory usually charge according to the number of the welding points. There are different ways of quotation when making PCBA samples, but generally they will be charge by the way of package price, that is, the engineering cost + the production cost + the stencil cost. If it is a batch production, the factory will calculate the number of welding points according to the material. The following are some of the calculation method regarding the number of SMT welding points from Shenzhen Vip Circuit Co., Ltd. :
1. 2 pins of conventional SMD material count as 1 welding point, that is to say, one resistor, one capacitor or one diode is calculated as a welding point.
2. A triode count as 1.5 welding points.
3. If the number of the BGA or IC pin is less than 50, then 2 pins count as 1 welding point; If the number of the BGA or IC pin is more than 50, then 4 pins count as 1 welding point.
4. 1 pin of the insert connector components count as 1 welding point.
5. 4 pins of the socket components count as 1 welding point.
6. The special components or special requirement of the PCB assembly should be determined by the factory and the customer.
7. The quotation for RoHS-compliant product is 20% more than the non-RoHS-compliant products.
8. If you want to do the PCBA functional test, you need to charge the test fixture cost.